Friday, February 27, 2009

What I believe in

There are certain issues which do have divergent beliefs, and this is one of the issues which has many divergent opinions, ideas and beliefs. This is an issue which can be debated if there is an openness and honesty to learn, understand and empathize. However many a times many of the views are contradictory, and highly prejudiced and unashamedly antihuman, and I would not like to argue for the sake of an arguement. This personally I feel is unhealthy and somehow does not do much to the cause that one believes in. I neither like debating about it or fighting with people to change their view. However my views on this is as follows:

For me homosexuality is something that one is, an unchosen orientation. Sexuality is genetically predetermined perhaps with some unknown environmental factor in early childhood which "turns on" the gene or genes. Neither heterosexuality, bisexuality, nor homosexuality is inherently sinful. IT IS FREE OF SIN if it is safe, consensual and, I do know many of my gay friends who are in a committed relationship, and are absolutely faithful to their partners. YES. Official recognition and legal approval of their relationship and government benefits are a fundamental civil right.

THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE IN.

Hope this helps.

Sarita

1 comment:

rashmita said...

Thanks madam. I get convinced & got my answer. it's better not argue. If I am convinced & satisfied with my work, then it's better to conserve energy to do something more for this sector. Many people are here who has divergent views.

Again Thanks alot.